powered by CADENAS

Social Share

Owiesno (3119 views - Monuments - Famous Buildings)

Owiesno [ɔˈvjɛsnɔ] (German: Habendorf) is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Dzierżoniów, within Dzierżoniów County, Lower Silesian Voivodeship, in south-western Poland. It lies approximately 12 km (7 mi) south-east of Dzierżoniów, and 57 km (35 mi) south-west of the regional capital Wrocław. The village has a population of 580. Owiesno was first mentioned as Ovesonovo in a 1260 deed and as Haverdorph in 1292. In 1945 it fell to Poland. Upon the foundations of an old Knights Templar castle Przecław of Pogorzeli (Pogarell), the Bishop of Wrocław and chancellor of Emperor Charles IV, had a palace erected in the 14th century. It was rebuilt several times and decayed after 1945 so only ruins remain. The Holy Trinity church (Polish: Kościół Św. Trójcy) was erected about 1583 and received a Boroque equipment including an altar with a Trinity painting about 1730.
Go to Article

Explanation by Hotspot Model

Youtube


    

Owiesno

Owiesno

Owiesno

Licensed under GNU Free Documentation License (Lzur).

Owiesno
Village
Owiesno
Location of Owiesno
Coordinates: 50°40′N 16°42′E / 50.667°N 16.700°E / 50.667; 16.700Coordinates: 50°40′N 16°42′E / 50.667°N 16.700°E / 50.667; 16.700
Country  Poland
Voivodeship Lower Silesian
County Dzierżoniów
Gmina Dzierżoniów
Elevation 400 m (1,300 ft)
Population 580

Owiesno [ɔˈvjɛsnɔ] (German: Habendorf) is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Dzierżoniów, within Dzierżoniów County, Lower Silesian Voivodeship, in south-western Poland.[1] It lies approximately 12 km (7 mi) south-east of Dzierżoniów, and 57 km (35 mi) south-west of the regional capital Wrocław. The village has a population of 580.

Owiesno was first mentioned as Ovesonovo in a 1260 deed and as Haverdorph in 1292. In 1945 it fell to Poland.

Upon the foundations of an old Knights Templar castle Przecław of Pogorzeli (Pogarell), the Bishop of Wrocław and chancellor of Emperor Charles IV, had a palace erected in the 14th century. It was rebuilt several times and decayed after 1945 so only ruins remain.

The Holy Trinity church (Polish: Kościół Św. Trójcy) was erected about 1583 and received a Boroque equipment including an altar with a Trinity painting about 1730.




This article uses material from the Wikipedia article "Owiesno", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0. There is a list of all authors in Wikipedia

Monuments - Famous Buildings

3D - 3D Model - 3D CAD - 3D Building - 3D monument - 3D Map - 3D City - 3D GIS - LIDAR - CityGML - Paris London Berlin Rome Sydney Barcelona Vienna Wien Budapest Madrid London